This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 266334
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Cameronians (Scottish Rifles)
- Unit/Ship: 1st/7th Battalion
- Place of Death: Israel/Palestine
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 02.11.1917
- Burial Country: Israel/Palestine
- Cemetery: Deir El Belah War Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: B.39.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 108 Hilltown, Dundee
Mary Scott Cunningham, 108 Hilltown, Dundee
May, born 28.05.1903, James, born 04.04.1905, Andrew, born 29.08.1907, Lily, born 11.05.1912 & George, born, 11.07.1914
More about William Cunningham
William’s youngest child George served as a rear gunner on Lancaster bombers, with the Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve during the Second World War, but was sadly killed in action 25.07.1944. He is buried in Chateau-Voue Communal Cemetery, Coll-grave, 1.3. George was the husband of Helen Cunningham.
Additional information kindly supplied by George’s son, David O’Connell
Can you tell us more about William Cunningham'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...