This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
James Williamson George
- Date of enlistment: March 1916
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 30822
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Royal Scots
- Unit/Ship: 13th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 15.09.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Adanac Military Cemetery, Miraumont
- Grave/Mem Ref no: VI.H.3.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Errol
- Address: 13 Park Avenue, Dundee
- Occupation: Boase Spinning Co, Kemback St, Dundee
Jessie Dewar George, 13 Park Ave, Dundee
More about James Williamson George
James W. George 30822 Royal Scots
DUNDEE ROYAL SCOT KILLED.
Private James W. George, Royal Scots, who was reported wounded on 15th September, but has now been officially reported killed. Private George was a son of Mr and Mrs George, 13 Park Avenue. He joined the army in March, 1916, and was employed with the Boase Spinning Company, Kemback Street, before enlisting. Private George had been at the front for only three weeks.
Dundee Courier 9th November 1916
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about James Williamson George? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...