This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
James Tait Gray
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Preston, Lancashire
- Service no: 41692
- Rank: Driver
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Field Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 93rd Battery
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 18
- Date of Death: 21.03.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Longuenesse (St. Sever) Souvenir Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II.B.44.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 176 Ferry Rd, Dundee
Helen Lamond Gray, 176 Ferry Rd, Dundee
Andrew Gray, 176 Ferry Rd, Dundee
More about James Tait Gray
James was the brother of Sgt Andrew Gray, D.C.M. S/18257, 8th Battalion Black Watch, who also served and returned home safely.
Can you tell us more about James Tait Gray'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...