This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 57429
- Rank: Sergeant
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: King's Liverpool Regiment
- Unit/Ship: 2nd/7th Battalion
- Place of Death: Stobhill Hospital, Glasgow
- Age at Death: 43
- Date of Death: 05.09.1918
- Burial Country: Scotland
- Cemetery: Dundee Eastern Necropolis
- Grave/Mem Ref no: MM.5.349.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 58 Provost Road, Dundee
- Occupation: Postal Worker
Williamina Greig, 58 Provost Rd, Dundee
Lily, born 26.10.1906, Williamina, born 04.08.1908 & Margaret, born 27.10.1915
More about John Greig
John died of dysentry.
John Greig 57429 King’s Liverpool Regiment
GREIG―Died of dysentery, at Stobhill Hospital, Sergeant John Greig, King’s Liverpool Regiment, aged 43, beloved husband of Williamina Adam, 58 Provost Road, Dundee.
Dundee People’s Journal 14th September 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John Greig'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...