This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
James Morrison Low
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no:
- Rank: Lieutenant
- Regiment/Service: Seaforth Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 2nd Battalion, attached Machine Gun Corps
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 24
- Date of Death: 01.07.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Thiepval Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Pier & Face 15C
- Date of Birth: 14.10.1891
- Place of Birth:
- Address: Kilmaron Castle, Cupar, Fife
Katherine Mary Duff Munro
Sir James Low, Bt.
Katherine 1893-1969, Emily, born 1895, Walter 1899-1955
More about James Morrison Low
James has no known grave but is remembered on the Thiepval Memorial. He was the son of the late Sir James Low, Bt, and Lady Low, Kilmaron Castle, Cupar, Fife. His father was Lord Provost of Dundee (1893-1896).
Information supplied by Gary Thomson
Can you tell us more about James Morrison Low? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...