This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
Ian Allister Macdougall
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 350357
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 8th Battalion
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 21
- Date of Death: 01/10/1918
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Dadizeele New British Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: V. E. 5.
- Date of Birth: 13.07.1897
- Place of Birth: Aberfeldy/Strathtay
- Address: Dunolly, Barnhill, Broughty Ferry
Elizabeth K. Macdougall, Colonsay Cottage, Comrie
John Macdougall, Colonsay Cottage, Comrie
More about Ian Allister Macdougall
When war broke out Private Ian Allister MacDougall joined the Highland Cyclist Battalion and went on active service in September 1917. He is named on the 1914-1918 War Memorial in St. Margaret’s Church, Barnhill, Dundee. He was a pupil of Grove Academy, Broughty Ferry, and is also remembered on the school Roll of Honour.
Additional information kindly provided by Christine Johnston
Can you tell us more about Ian Allister Macdougall? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...