Great War Dundee
This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
We need you to tell us more about the life and times of William Robert Robertson
William Robert Robertson
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: Clyde Z/4817
- Rank: Able Seaman
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Navy Volunteer Reserve
- Unit/Ship: Howe Battalion, R.N. Div
- Place of Death: 1/1st Midland Casualty Clearing Station, France
- Age at Death: 18
- Date of Death: 19.02.1917
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Dernancourt Communal Cemetery Extension
- Grave/Mem Ref no: V.C.23.
- Date of Birth: 12.05.1897
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 5 Prospect Pl, Grays Lane, Lochee, Dundee
- Occupation: Grocer
William Innes Robertson, 5 Prospect Pl, Grays Lane, Lochee
More about William Robert Robertson
William died 19.02.1917 at 1/1st South Midland Casualty Clearing Station from shrapnel wounds to the abdomen, received 17.02.1917.
William Robert Robertson CZ/4817 Howe Bn R.N.D.
Died of wounds 19th February 1917 in 1/1st South Midland Casualty Clearing Station (Shrapnel wound Abdomen 17th February 1917). 13th November 1916 wounded (Concussion, Shell-Shock). A Grocer; born 12th May 1897; Next-of-Kin & home address: Father, William, 5 Prospect Rd., Gray’s Lane, Lochee.
R.N.D. Data Base
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about William Robert Robertson'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...