This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
William Robert Robertson
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: Clyde Z/4817
- Rank: Able Seaman
- Regiment/Service: Royal Navy Volunteer Reserve
- Unit/Ship: Howe Battalion, R.N. Div
- Place of Death: 1/1st Midland Casualty Clearing Station, France
- Age at Death: 18
- Date of Death: 19.02.1917
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Dernancourt Communal Cemetery Extension
- Grave/Mem Ref no: V.C.23.
- Date of Birth: 12.05.1897
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 5 Grays Lane, Lochee
- Occupation: Grocer
William I. Robertson, 5 Grays Lane, Lochee
More about William Robert Robertson
William died 19.02.1917 at 1/1st South Midland Casualty Clearing Station from shrapnel wounds to the abdomen, received 17.02.1917.
William Robert Robertson CZ/4817 Howe Bn R.N.D.
Died of wounds 19th February 1917 in 1/1st South Midland Casualty Clearing Station (Shrapnel wound Abdomen 17th February 1917). 13th November 1916 wounded (Concussion, Shell-Shock). A Grocer; born 12th May 1897; Next-of-Kin & home address: Father, William, 5 Prospect Rd., Gray’s Lane, Lochee.
R.N.D. Data Base
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about William Robert Robertson? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...