This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 53394
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Royal Scots
- Unit/Ship: 12th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 21.08.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Caestre Military Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.F.10.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: Coldside Farm, Dundee
- Occupation: Milk Salesman
Mrs Scott, Coldside Farm, Dundee
More about George Scott
George Scott 53394 Royal Scots
Mrs Scott, Coldside Farm, has received official intimation that her husband, Signaller George Scott, Royal Scots, has died from the effects of gas poisoning at a casualty clearing station in France. Before enlisting Private Scott was a milk salesman. He was 27 years of age. A brother was recently wounded.
Dundee Courier 2nd September 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about George Scott? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...