This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 50936
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Scots
- Unit/Ship: 17th Battalion
- Place of Death: No10 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 05.10.1918
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Lijssenthoek Military Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: XXX.A.13.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
Flora Smith, 28 Arbroath Rd, Dundee
More about Alexander Smith
Alexander Smith 50936 Royal Scots
SMITH―At No. 10 Casualty Clearing Station, France, on 5th October 1918, 50936 Private Alexander Smith, Royal Scots, died of wounds received in action. – Inserted by his father, mother, sisters and brothers.
Dundee People’s Journal 11th October 1919
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Alexander Smith'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...