This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: S/15114
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 10th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 27
- Date of Death: 09.10.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: St Sever Cemetery Extension, Rouen
- Grave/Mem Ref no: S.II.N.5.
- Date of Birth: 28.10.1891
- Place of Birth: Broughty Ferry
- Address: Ramsay Park, Broughty Ferry
Elizabeth Suttie, 2 Ramsay Park, Broughty Ferry
Alexander Suttie, 2 Ramsay Park, Broughty Ferry
More about Alexander Suttie
Alexander Suttie S/15114 Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders
Private Alex. Suttie, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, Ramsay Park, Broughty Ferry, who was last week reported as having been seriously gassed and wounded, has died in hospital in France. He was the son of Mr Alex. Suttie, janitor, of the Eastern School.
Broughty Ferry Guide 10th October 1918
SUTTIE___Died of wounds and gas at a general Hospital in France, on the 9th inst., Pte. Alex. Suttie A. and S.H., aged 27, only beloved son of Mr and Mrs Suttie, Ramsay Park Broughty Ferry.
Dundee People’s Journal 10th October 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Alexander Suttie? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...