This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
William Lowson Adamson
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 555
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Army Cyclist Corps
- Unit/Ship: 21st Division Highland Cyclist Bn.
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 18
- Date of Death: 01/05/1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Maroeuil British Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.D.7
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Forfar
- Address: 25 Ryehill Place, Perth Road, Dundee
Jemima Fenwick Adamson
More about William Lowson Adamson
Private Adamson was the son of Andrew and Jemima Adamson, Call San Martin, Neuquien Sud, Argentine Republic. He volunteered in Buenos Aires and enlisted in Dundee, age 17.
Information kindly supplied by Gary Fitzpatrick
Can you tell us more about William Lowson Adamson'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...