Great War Dundee
This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: 18.05.1915
- Place of enlistment: Calgary, Alberta.
- Service no: 80276
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Canadian Infantry
- Unit/Ship: 31st Battalion
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 23
- Date of Death: 04.04.1916
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Spoilbank Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.G.4.
- Date of Birth: 13.04.1892
- Place of Birth: Ellon, Aberdeenshire
- Occupation: Motor Truck Driver
Jane Aitken, Waulkmill, Ellon
John Aitken. Waulkmill, Ellon
Jessie Robinson (formally Aitken)
More about Robert Aitken
For more information visit Robert’s Memorial and Robert’s Regimental Record and Circumstances of Death Register
Robert was the husband of Jessie Robinson (formally Aitken) of 14 South View, North Biddick, Washington, Co Durham, her address whilst Robert was serving is listed as Kingennie, and also, 22 Dundonald St, Dundee. He was killed in action at St Eloi, Belgium.
Although Robert was not originally from Dundee his name was included in the original Honour Roll for Dundee.
Information researched and supplied by Gary Thomson
Can you tell us more about Robert Aitken'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...