This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 305018
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Army Medical Corps
- Unit/Ship: 3rd Highland Field Ambulance
- Place of Death:
- Age at Death: 24
- Date of Death: 03.11.1917
- Burial Country: Scotland
- Cemetery: Eastern Necropolis, Dundee
- Grave/Mem Ref no: KK. 5. 532B.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 281 Hilltown, Dundee
Agnes Helen Dalgetty Anderson, 470 King St West, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Lillias, born 28.09.1917
More about John Anderson
Private Anderson of the 3rd Highland Field Ambulance was attached to 2nd/2nd Northern Field Ambulance when he died on 3rd November 1917. Anderson is interred in Eastern Necropolis, Dundee which suggests that, as bodies were not routinely repatriated in WWI, he died of wounds or illness in Dundee.
Information kindly supplied by Jim Flood
Can you tell us more about John Anderson'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...