This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: 384304 & 3165
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Labour Corps
- Unit/Ship: 273rd Employment Company
- Place of Death: Dundee War Hospital
- Age at Death: 35
- Date of Death: 18.10.1918
- Burial Country: Scotland
- Cemetery: Dundee (Balgay) Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Screen Wall. BB. 4. 631G.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 8 Session St, Dundee
Sarah A. Ballinger, 8 Session St, Dundee
More about Arthur Ballinger
Transfered from 4th Battalion Black Watch, Reg No 3165.
Arthur Ballinger 384304-3165 Labour Corps
BALLINGER―Died suddenly at the War Hospital, Private Arthur Ballinger, 273 Labour Employment, B.E.F., Italy. He was on leave from Italy when attacked by pneumonia.
Dundee Peoples Journal 26th October 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Arthur Ballinger'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...