This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: Clyde Z/4815
- Rank: Able Seaman
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve
- Unit/Ship: Drake Battalion, R.N. Div
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 11.08.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Bois-De-Noulette British Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.G.10.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 56 Lilybank Rd, Dundee
- Occupation: Dundee Supply Stores, Commercial St, Dundee
William Barber, 6 Watson St, Dundee
Jessie Barber, Princes St, Dundee
William, born 05.06.1914
More about Richard Barber
Richard Barber CZ/4815 Drake Bn R.N.D.
Intimation has been received of the death in action on 11th August of Richard Barber, Royal Naval Division, Drake Battalion, eldest son of William Barber, 6 Watson Street. His wife resides at 2 Erskine Street, Dundee. Previous to his enlistment he was employed in the Dundee Supply Stores, Commercial Street.
Dundee People’s Journal 2nd September 1916
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Richard Barber'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...