This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
Archibald Ferguson Bathie
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 11216
- Rank: Guardsman
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Scots Guards
- Unit/Ship: 2nd Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 19
- Date of Death: 18.05.10915
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Le Touret Mmemorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 3 & 4
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Castle Mary, Cork
- Address: The Croft, Ninewells, Dundee
- Occupation: G. A. Johnston, Grocer's Sinderins, Dundee
Agnes Ferguson Bathie
More about Archibald Ferguson Bathie
Archibald has no known grave but is remembered on the Le Touret Memorial.
Bathie 11216 2nd Scots Guards
A MISSING GUARDSMAN.
Official intimation has been received by his relatives in Dundee that Private A. Bathie, of the 2nd Scots Guards, has been missing since 17th May. Private Bathie, who is a son of Mr Wm. Bathie, dairyman, was before enlistment a grocer in the employment of Mr G. A. Johnston, Sinderins.
Dundee Courier 30th June 1915
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Archibald Ferguson Bathie'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...