This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 31660
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Cameronians (Scottish Rifles)
- Unit/Ship: 1st Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 19
- Date of Death: 12.06.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Esquelbecq Military Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: III.B.12.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 25 Alexander Street, Dundee
- Occupation: William Robertson, Coal Merchants, 21 Alexander St, Dundee
Jane Beagin, 25 Alexander St, Dundee
John Beagin, 25 Alexander St, Dundee
More about Patrick Beagin
Three Weeks in France.
Pte. Patrick Beagin, Scottish Rifles, whose mother, resides at 25 Alexander Street, has died as the result of gas poisoning. Deceased, who was 19 years of age, enlisted 15 months ago, and had only been three weeks in France. Previous to enlisting he was in the employment of Mr William Robertson, coal merchants, 21 Alexander Street.
Dundee Courier 20th June 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Patrick Beagin'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...