This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: October 1917
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 59118
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Royal Scots
- Unit/Ship: 17th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 18
- Date of Death: 25.04.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Martinsart British Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.D.18.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Occupation: Dawson Bros & Co Ltd, Cloth Merchants, Victoria Chambers, Dundee
Mrs Bell, 40 Baldovan Tce, Dundee
Thomas Bell, 40 Baldovan Tce, Dundee
More about Robert Bell
Robert Bell 59118 Royal Scots
Pte. Robert Bell, Royal Scots, was the eldest son of Mr and Mrs Thos. Bell, 40 Baldovan Terrace, Dundee. He was 18½ years of age, and enlisted in October, 1917, and had only been in France for four weeks. Prior to joining up he was employed with Dawson Brothers & Co., cloth merchants, Victoria Chambers.
Dundee Courier 14th May 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Robert Bell? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...