This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Forfar
- Service no: 240802
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 4th/5th Battalion
- Place of Death: Stationary Hospital, France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 15.01.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Longuenesse (St. Omer) Souvenir Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: IV.F.40.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 148 Alexander St, Dundee
Isabella Brady, 148 Alexander St, Dundee
More about William Brady
William Brady 240802 Black Watch
BRADY―In loving memory of my dear son, 240802 Private William Brady, 5th Black Watch, who died at Stationary Hospital on 15th January 1918, beloved son of Mrs Brady, 148 Alexander Street, Dundee. – Inserted by his loving mother.
Dundee People’s Journal 18th January 1919
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about William Brady'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...