Great War Dundee
This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 103932
- Rank: Gunner
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Field Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 40th Brigade, 130th Battery
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 18.12.1917
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Achiet-Le-Grand Communal Cemetery Extension
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II.D.9.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 54 Polepark Road, Dundee
Robina Jackson, 54 Polepark Rd, Dundee
More about John Brown
John Brown 103932 Royal Field Artillery
BROWN―In loving memory of Gunner John Brown, who died of wounds on the 18th December 1917, dearly beloved husband of Robina Jackson, 54 Polepark Road. – Inserted by his widow and child.
Dundee People’s Journal 20th December 1919
Can you tell us more about John Brown'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...