This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
Robert John Chisholm
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: S/6501
- Rank: Corporal
- Regiment/Service: Gordon Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 8th/10th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 29
- Date of Death: 11.11.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Ribemont Communal Cemetery Extension
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II.A.9.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Huntly
- Address: 312 Brook St, Broughty Ferry.
- Occupation: George Longair, Carriers
Jane Caird Chisholm, 312 Brook St, Broughty Ferry
More about Robert John Chisholm
Robert J. Chisholm S/6501 Gordon Highlanders
BROUGHTY CORPORAL IS KILLED
Mrs Robert J. Chisholm, Brook Street, has been informed that her only son, Corporal Robert J. Chisholm, Gordon Highlanders, has been accidentally killed at the front.
The corporal joined the colours fully two years ago, and had been three times wounded. He was employed with Mr George Longair, carrier, when he enlisted.
Dundee Courier 20th November 1916
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Robert John Chisholm? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...