This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: June 1915
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 4704
- Rank: Corporal
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 1st/4th Battalion attached 1st/7th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 32
- Date of Death: 30/08/1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Cite Bonjean Military Cemetery, Armentieres
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.F.3.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 20 Dudhope Crescent Rd, Dundee
- Occupation: Dundee Cleansing Department
Susan Clark, 20 Dudhope Crescent Rd, Dundee
Helen, born 07.07.1909, Edward, born 27.06.1912 & Elizabeth, born 14.06.1915
More about Edward Clark
Edward Clark 4704 Black Watch
CORPORATION EMPLOYEE KILLED.
Corporal Edward Clark had only been at the front for six weeks. Prior to enlistment in June of last year he was employed by the Dundee Cleansing Department. Corporal Clark was thirty-two years of age, and his widow resides at 20 Dudhope Crescent Road.
Dundee Courier 15th September 1916
Can you tell us more about Edward Clark? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...