This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: S/17430
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Gordon Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 2nd Battalion,
- Place of Death: Italy
- Age at Death: 24
- Date of Death: 27.10.1918
- Burial Country: Italy
- Cemetery: Tezze British Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Plot 6. Row D. Grave 12.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 11 Robertson St, Dundee
- Occupation: Ticket Inspector, Taybridge Station, Dundee
Annie Moncur, 11 Robertson St, Dundee
More about William Constable
DUNDEE SOLDIER KILLED.
Pte. William Constable, Gordon Highlanders, whose mother resides at 11 Robertson Street, Dundee, was killed in action on the 27th October. Deceased, who was 24 years of age, had been eighteen months on active service in France and Italy, being wounded in the latter country in February of this year. Prior to his enlistment Pte. Constable was a ticket examiner with the North British Railway Company at the Tay Bridge Station, Dundee.
Dundee Courier 29th November 1918
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about William Constable? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...