This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: 2015
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 4th Battalion
- Place of Death: Not Known
- Age at Death: 31
- Date of Death: 23.08.1916
- Burial Country: Not Known
- Cemetery: Brookwood 1914-1918 Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 10
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 214 Lochee Road, Dundee
Agnes Anderson formerly Cooper
Annie, born 31.03.1913 & John 26.09.1915 – 10.02.1917
More about William Cooper
William has no known grave but is remembered on the Brookwood Memorial. It is believed that this man also went by the surname of COUPAR.
William was discharged from the army 21.09.1915 and died from tuberculosis.
Can you tell us more about William Cooper? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...