This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 32608
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Highland Light Infantry
- Unit/Ship: 15th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 03.04.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Bienvillers Military Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: XI.A.5.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Forfar
- Address: 22 North St, Dundee
- Occupation: Carpet Weaver
Catherine Curtis, 22 North St, Dundee
Mary, born 06.07.1905, John, born 15.06,1907, Charles, born 04.01.1913 & Albert, born 21.01.1917.
More about John Curtis
Pte. John Curtis, H.L.I., was the husband of Mrs Curtis, 22 North Street. He joined up about 18 months ago, and had been a year in France. Pte. Curtis was previously employed as a carpet weaver with Messrs Marshall & Brush, manufactures Dundee Carpet Works.
Dundee Courier 3rd May 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John Curtis? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...