This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: September 1914
- Place of enlistment: In the Field
- Service no: 207853
- Rank: Sapper
- Regiment/Service: Royal Engineers
- Unit/Ship: 247th Field Company
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 31
- Date of Death: 28.03.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Mailly Wood Cemetery, Mailly-Maillet
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II.H.1.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Lochee, Dundee
- Address: 1 Flights Lane, Lochee
Isabella Fyffe Davidson, 1 Flights Lane, Lochee
John, born 20.02.1908, Marjorie, born 03.01.1910, James, born 10.02.1912 & David, born 15.02.1913
More about James Davidson
James Davidson 207853 R.E.
Sapper James Davidson, R.E., who was accidentally killed on 28th March last, is survived by a widow and four of a family, who live at 1 Flight’s Lane, Lochee. Deceased joined the Naval Brigade in September, 1914, and took part in the Dardanelles campaign. He was afterwards transferred to the Royal Engineers and was drafted to France. He was 31 years of age.
Dundee Courier 13th April 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about James Davidson? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...