This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
Walter Robertson Davidson
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: Clyde Z/417
- Rank: Able Seaman
- Regiment/Service: Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve
- Unit/Ship: Nelson Battalion, R.N. Div
- Place of Death: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Age at Death: 19
- Date of Death: 06.06.1915
- Burial Country: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Cemetery: Helles Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 8 to 15
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 29 Rosefield Street, Dundee
- Occupation: North British Railway Company
Isabella Davidson, 13 Church St, Eyemouth
More about Walter Robertson Davidson
Walter has no known grave but is remembered on the Helles Memorial.
Seaman Davidson, who was 19 years of age, was attached to the Nelson Battalion of the Naval Brigade, in which he enlisted in September. He was formerly employed with the North British Railway Company at Tay Bridge Station. The Courier, Friday, 25 June 1915, 4.
Additional information supplied by Gary Thomson
Can you tell us more about Walter Robertson Davidson? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...