This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: 185158
- Rank: Sapper
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Engineers
- Unit/Ship: Attached to 63rd Brigade Signal Sub Section, Royal Garrison Artillery
- Place of Death: Germany
- Age at Death: 25
- Date of Death: 03.05.1919
- Burial Country: Germany
- Cemetery: Cologne Southern Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: III.F.15.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 11 St Mary Street, Dundee
Mary Dawson 38 Polepark Rd, Dundee
More about Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson 185158 Royal Engineers
DAWSON___Died of influenza at 64th Casualty Clearing Station, Cologne, Germany, on 3rd May, Sapper Frank Dawson, R.E., Signals (late sergt. 1/4th Black Watch), beloved only son of the late Patrick Dawson and of Mrs Dawson, 38 Polepark Road, aged 25 years.
Dundee People’s Journal 10th May 1919
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Frank Dawson'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...