This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 663145
- Rank: Driver
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Field Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 5th Brigade, 3rd Battery
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 19
- Date of Death: 04.06.1917
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Brandhoek Military Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II.J.1.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 62 Church Street, Dundee
- Occupation: J. C. Duffus, Densfield Works, Dundee
Elizabeth Dow, 62 Church St, Dundee
James Dow, 62 Church St, Dundee
More about James Dow
James Dow 663145 Royal Field Artillery
DUNDEE R.F.A. MAN FALLS IN ACTION.
Mrs James Dow, 62 Church Street, Dundee, has received official intimation that her son, Private James Dow, had been killed in action on 4th June.
Private Dow, who was 19 years of age, enlisted in the R.F.A. shortly after the outbreak of war, and had been nine months in the firing line. Previous to enlistment deceased was in the employment of Messrs J. C. Duffus & Nephew, Densfield Works, Dundee.
Dundee Courier 11th July 1917
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about James Dow'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...