This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: Clyde Z/310
- Rank: Able Seaman
- Regiment/Service: Royal Navy Volunteer Reserve
- Unit/Ship: Collingwood Battalion, R.N. Div
- Place of Death: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Age at Death: 21
- Date of Death: 04.06.1915
- Burial Country: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Cemetery: Helles Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 8 to 15
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 20 Isla Street, Dundee
M. D. Dundas, 20 Isla St, Dundee
James Dundas, 20 Isla St, Dundee
More about Albert Dundas
Albert has no known grave but is remembered on the Helles Memorial.
YOUNG SAILOR WHO WAS REPORTED MISSING.
Mr James Dundas, 20 Isles Street, Dundee, has been notified that his son, Able Seaman Albert Dundas, who was serving in the Collingwood Battalion of the 2nd Royal Naval Brigade, has been reported killed in action near the Dardanelles. He was previously reported missing.
Dundee Courier 18th August 1915
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Albert Dundas? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...