Great War Dundee
This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: February 1917
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 53558
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Highland Light Infantry
- Unit/Ship: 18th Battalion
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 28
- Date of Death: 01.10.1918
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Zantvoorde British Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: V.A.3.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 128 Logie Street, Lochee.
- Occupation: McGregor & Balfour, North Tay Works, Dundee
Margaret Duthie, 128 Logie St, Dundee
David Duthie, 128 Logie St, Dundee
More about William Duthie
William Duthie 53558 Highland Light Infantry
Intimation has been received by Mr and Mrs David Duthie, 128 Logie Street, Lochee, that their eldest son, Pte. Wm. Duthie, H.L.I., was killed by shellfire on 1st October. Pte. Duthie, who was in his 28th year, enlisted in February, 1917, and had been at the front since November of last year. In civil life he was employed by M’Gregor & Belfour, Ltd., North Tay Works. His younger brother James, is in the R.S.F.
Dundee Courier 15th October 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about William Duthie'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...