This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 267742
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 1st/6th Battalion
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 38
- Date of Death: 29/06/1917
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Vlamertinghe New Military Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I. D. 26.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 22 Gardner Street, Dundee
- Occupation: Tailor, Caird & Son, Reform St, Dundee
Mary Martin Farquharson, 22 Gardner St, Dundee
Catherine, born 02.03.1902, George, born 04.02.1904, Mary, born 05.06.1905, Jessie, born 25.02.1907, Jemima, born 24.02.1910 & Helen, born 21.05.1912
More about George Farquharson
George Farquharson 267742 Black Watch
KILLED BY A SHELL.
Private G. Farquharson, 22 Gardener Street, Dundee, Black Watch, was killed in France on 28th June by a shell. Private Farquharson, who prior to enlistment was employed as a tailor by Caird & Son, Reform Street, leaves a widow and six children.
Dundee Courier 11th July 1917
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about George Farquharson? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...