This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 7188
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Black Watch
- Unit/Ship: 1st Battalion, 'B' Company
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 29/10/1914
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 37.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 69 Brook Street, Dundee
Margaret Farrell, 1 Back Lane, Dundee
Betsy Farrell, 69 Brook St, Dundee
More about Thomas Farrell
Thomas has no known grave but is remembered on the Menin Gate Memorial.
Thomas Farrell 7188 Black Watch
FARRELL___Private Thomas, 1st Black Watch, B Company; not heard of since 26th October, can any chum give news? Wife, Mrs Farrell 69 Brook Street, Dundee.
Dundee Courier 2nd July 1915
Additional information and image courtesy of Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Thomas Farrell? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...