This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 10237
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: King's Own Scottish Borderers
- Unit/Ship: 1st Battalion
- Place of Death: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 28.06.1915
- Burial Country: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Cemetery: Helles Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Panel 84 to 92 or 220 to 222
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Lochee, Dundee
- Address: 7 Pole Street, Dundee
Elizabeth Ferrie, 249 Lochee Rd, Dundee
Mary, Andrew Patrick Helen Lizzie & Bernard
More about John Ferrie
John has no known grave but is remembered on the Helles Memorial. He was the brother of Pte Bernard Ferrie 16902, 13th Company, Machine Gun Corps, who died 18.09.1916. Patrick served with the Cameronians (Scottish Rifles) and is believed to have survived the War.
Additional Information kindly supplied by Pat Brownhill.
Can you tell us more about John Ferrie? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...