This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
Robert Henry Fletcher
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 365648
- Rank: Bombardier
- Regiment/Service: Royal Garrison Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 100th Siege Battery
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 06/03/1917
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Warlincourt Halte British Cemetery, Saulty
- Grave/Mem Ref no: V.C.7
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Chelsea, London
- Address: 1 Guthrie Terrace, Barnhill.
- Occupation: Lithographic Artist with Valentine & Sons, Dundee
Henrietta Moonie (formerly Fletcher)
Late Peter R. Fletcher, A.R Moonie (step-father)
More about Robert Henry Fletcher
Bombardier Robert Henry Fletcher attended Morgan Academy, Dundee. He enlisted in August 1915. His family received a telegram to say he was severely wounded and he died shortly afterwards. He is named on the 1914-1918 War Memorial in St. Margaret’s Church, Barnhill.
Robert Henry Fletcher 365648 Royal Garrison Artillery
FLETCHER___Died of wounds on 6th inst., Robert Henry Fletcher, R.G.A., only son of the late P. R. Fletcher, Chelsea, and Mrs Moonie, 1 Guthrie Terrace, Barnhill, Forfarshire.
Broughty Ferry Guide 16th March 1917
Information supplied by Christine Johnston, additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Robert Henry Fletcher? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...