This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: April 1917
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: S/29997
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Cameron Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 6th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 20
- Date of Death: 25.02.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Feuchy Chapel British Cemetery, Wancourt
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.D.12.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 11 McGill Street, Dundee
- Occupation: Craigie Mill, Dundee
Catherine Flynn, 11 McGill St, Dundee
More about James Flynn
DUNDEE CAMERON KILLED.
Pte. James Flynn, Cameron Highlanders, son of the late Henry Flynn and Mrs Flynn, 11 M’Gill Street, Dundee was killed in action on the 25th February. He was 20 years of age, and was employed in Craigie Mill, prior to enlisting in April of last year. He had been at the front since June last year.
Dundee Courier 20th March 1918
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about James Flynn? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...