This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment: March 1916
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 64960
- Rank: Gunner
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Garrison Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 147th Siege Battery
- Place of Death: Belgium
- Age at Death: 30
- Date of Death: 17.08.1918
- Burial Country: Belgium
- Cemetery: Hagle Dump Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II.AA.5.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 8a King St, Dundee
- Occupation: Dentist, 73 Murraygate, Dundee
Mary M. Gordon, 8a King St, Dundee
John Gordon, 8a King St, Dundee
More about John Gordon
Son of Mr & Mrs John Gordon.
John Gordon 64960 Royal Garrison Artillery
Gunner John Gordon, R.G.A., son of Mr John Gordon, 8a King Street, has died from wounds. Gunner Gordon enlisted in March, 1916, and served two years in France. Previous to joining up he was in partnership with his brother as a dentist at 73 Murraygate, Dundee.
Dundee Courier 6th September 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John Gordon'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...