This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 5081
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Prince of Wales Leinster Regiment
- Unit/Ship: 7th Battalion, Royal Canadians
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 03.09.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Thiepval Memorial
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Pier & Face 16C.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Tullamore, Kings County, County Offaly, Ireland
- Address: 53 Church St, Dundee
Catherine Gorman, 53 Church St, Dundee
Rose Ann, born 06.04.1902, William, born 11.10.1903, Teresa, born 17.05.1908, John, born 22.02.1910 & Catherine, born 26.04.1912
More about James Gorman
James has no known grave but is remembered on the Thiepval Memorial.
James Gorman 5081 Leinsters (Irish Brigade)
GORMAN___Killed in action, on 3rd September, Private James Gorman, Leinsters (Irish Brigade). – Inserted by his wife and family.
Dundee People’s Journal 30th December 1916
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about James Gorman'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...