Great War Dundee
This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
We need you to tell us more about the life and times of Ernest White Gow
Ernest White Gow
- Date of enlistment: November 1915
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 202881
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Royal Scots Fusiliers
- Unit/Ship: 1st/4th Battalion
- Place of Death: Israel/Palestine
- Age at Death: 23
- Date of Death: 19.04.1917
- Burial Country: Israel/Palestine
- Cemetery: Gaza War Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: XXXI.C.1.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 37 Arbroath Rd, Dundee
Ann H. Wood & George
More about Ernest White Gow
Ernest Gow 202881 Royal Scots Fusiliers
Mr Charles Gow, grocer, Albert Street, Dundee, has been officially informed that his elder son, Private Ernest Gow, Royal Scots Fusiliers, has been missing since 19th April.
Private Gow, who is 23 years of age, joined the army in November, 1915. He was first attached to the Royal Engineers, but was afterwards transferred to the Royal Scots Fusiliers, with whom he went to Egypt in January.
Another of Mr Gow’s sons, George, was wounded in May last, and is now serving in Ireland.
Dundee Courier 15th May 1917
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Ernest White Gow'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...