This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: Clyde Z/1561
- Rank: Able Seaman
- Regiment/Service: Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve
- Unit/Ship: Benbow Battalion, R.N. Div
- Place of Death: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Age at Death: 24
- Date of Death: 05.06.1915
- Burial Country: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Cemetery: Redoubt Cemetery, Helles
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Sp. Mem. A.61.
- Date of Birth: 16.09.1891
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 155 Lochee Rd, Dundee
- Occupation: Fitter
Ann Grant, 2771 Pasqual St, Guyborg, Montreal, Canada
Mrs Annie Kerr, 11 Huntingdon Pl, Springburn Rd, Glasgow
More about Thomas Grant
Thomas Grant CZ/1561 Benbow Bn R.N.D.
Born March 16th 1891, the brother of Mrs. Annie Kerr, of 93 Springburn Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, & resided with his sister at the time of his enlistment. He was unmarried and in civil life he was employed as a fitter.
R.N.D. Data Base
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Thomas Grant? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...