This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 241253
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Kings Own Scottish Borderers
- Unit/Ship: 5th Battalion
- Place of Death: Israel/Palestine
- Age at Death: 20
- Date of Death: 24.11.1917
- Burial Country: Israel/Palestine
- Cemetery: Jerusalem War Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Y.63.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Lochee, Dundee
- Address: Church St, Broughty Ferry
Helen Hagan, 99 High St, Lochee
More about John Hagan
John Hagan 241253 Kings Own Scottish Borderers
HAGAN___Killed in action, on the 24th November, Private John Hagan, son of the late Thomas Hagan, Lochee, and grandson of the late John Hagan, Stewartstown, Ireland. – Inserted by his sorrowing grandmother and his Aunt Ann.
Dundee People’s Journal 29th December 1917
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John Hagan'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...