This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Hamilton
- Service no: 6262
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: King's Own Scottish Borderers
- Unit/Ship: 1st Battalion
- Place of Death: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 04.06.1915
- Burial Country: Turkey/Gallipoli
- Cemetery: Twelve Tree Copse Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: II.A.9.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Glasgow
- Address: 3 Lawrence St, Dundee
- Occupation: Soldier
Mrs Cooney, 3 Lawrence St, Dundee
More about Peter Higgins
DUNDEE SOLDIER KILLED.
Mrs Cooney, 3 Lawrence Street, Dundee, has received intimation that her brother, Private Peter Higgins, K.O.S.B., who had been missing since 4th June, 1915, is now presumed to be dead.
Private Higgins had seen continuous service since he joined the army as a youth of eighteen in 1898. He held two medals for the South African Campaign.
Dundee Courier 16th June 1916
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about Peter Higgins? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...