This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
George Albert Himsworth
- Date of enlistment: 27.07.1916
- Place of enlistment: Glasgow
- Service no: 144031
- Rank: Signaller
- Regiment/Service: Royal Field Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 83rd Brigade, 'C' Battery
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 22
- Date of Death: 06.10.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Unicorn Cemetery, Vendhuile
- Grave/Mem Ref no: IV.E.13.
- Date of Birth: 01.05.1896
- Place of Birth:
- Address: 34 Albert Street, Dundee
- Occupation: North of Scotland Bank, Broughty Ferry
Jane Grieve Himsworth, 49 Albert St, Dundee
George Himsworth, 49 Albert St, Dundee
More about George Albert Himsworth
George was a former pupil of Grove Academy, Broughty Ferry and is remembered on the schools war memorial.
George Himsworth 144031 Royal Field Artillery
Signaller George Himsworth, Royal Field Artillery, Albert Street, Dundee, has been killed in action. Prior to enlisting he was engaged as apprentice clerk in the North of Scotland and Town and Country Bank, Broughty Ferry.
The Broughty Ferry Guide 18th October 1918
HIMSWORTH___Officially reported killed in action on 6th October, 1918, Signaller George Albert Himsworth, Royal Field Artillery. Only son of Mrs George Himsworth, 34 Albert Street.
Dundee Evening Telegraph 31st October 1918
Additional information and photo kindly supplied by Ian Watson, further information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about George Albert Himsworth? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...