This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: S/17691
- Rank: Private
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 14th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 22
- Date of Death: 01.04.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Rue-Du-Bois Military Cemetery, Fleurbaix
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.G.48.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Lochee, Dundee
- Address: 21 Kerrs Lane, Lochee, Dundee
Margaret Irons, 21 Kerrs Lane, Lochee
More about David Irons
- Irons S/17691 Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders
Private D. Irons, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, was the eldest son of Mrs Irons, 21 Kerr’s Lane. Lochee. He was 22 years of age, and had been at the front for fifteen months. Mrs Irons has two other sons serving.
Dundee Courier 24th April 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about David Irons'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...