This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 29614
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Royal Scots
- Unit/Ship: 2nd Battalion,
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 22
- Date of Death: 26.08.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: St Sever Cemetery, Rouen
- Grave/Mem Ref no: B.26.27.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 40 North George St, Dundee
- Occupation: Simes, Chemists, Lochee Rd, Dundee
Barbara Irons, 140 Stockwell Rd, Glasgow
James H. Irons, 140 Stockwell Rd, Glasgow
More about James Irons
James Irons 29614 Royal Scots
DUNDEE SOLDIER DIES FROM WOUNDS.
Intimation was received in Dundee yesterday that Private James Irons, Royal Scots, son of Mrs Irons, 140 Stockwell Street, Glasgow, and formerly of 40 North George Street, Dundee, has died from wounds. Private Irons was 22 years of age. Before he enlisted he was employed by Mr Sime, chemist, Lochee Road.
Dundee Courier 30th August 1916
Additional information kindly Supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about James Irons? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...