This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 50312
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Cameron Highlanders
- Unit/Ship: 11th Battalion
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death: 44
- Date of Death: 21.08.1918
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Le Grand Hasard Military Cemetery, Morbeque
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Plot 2. Row F. Grave 6.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Lochee, Dundee
Jane Keenan, 88 High St, Lochee
Mary Ann Keenan, 249 Hackney Rd, London
More about John Keenan
Son of Patrick and Jane Keenan of Belfast.
John Keenan 50312 Cameron Highlanders
KEENAN___Killed in action, on 21st August 1918, Pte. John Keenan, Cameron Highlanders, dearly loved son of Mrs Keenan, 88 High Street, Lochee, husband of Mary A. McNally.
Dundee People’s Journal 16th November 1918
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John Keenan? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...