This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
James Gilles Kell
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: 26655
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Royal Scots
- Unit/Ship: 13th Battalion
- Place of Death: France and Flanders
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 15.09.1916
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Thiepval Memorial, France
- Grave/Mem Ref no: Pier and Face 6 D and 7 D
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Aberdeen
- Address: 84 Hill St, Dundee
Mary McLauchlan, 84 Hill St, Dundee
Allison, born 28.08.1915
More about James Gilles Kell
Middle name is Gibbs on CWGC, Gilles on SNWM and SDGW.
James has no known grave but is remembered on the Thiepval Memorial.
James Kell 26655 Royal Scots
KELL___In loving memory of Signaller James G. Kell, Royal Scots, who was killed in action on 15th September, 1916, dearly beloved husband of Mary McLauchlan, 84 Hill Street, Dundee.
Dundee People’s Journal 21st September 1918
Additional information and image kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about James Gilles Kell? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...