This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
David Mitchell King
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment:
- Service no: SptS/1555
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Royal Fusiliers
- Unit/Ship: 23rd Battalion
- Place of Death: Dundee War Hospital
- Age at Death: 18
- Date of Death: 26.03.1917
- Burial Country: Scotland
- Cemetery: Dundee Eastern Necropolis
- Grave/Mem Ref no: AA.6.786.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Address: Lynnewood Pl, Dundee
Jane Smith King, 4 Lynnewood Pl, Dundee
James King, 4 Lynnewood Pl, Dundee
More about David Mitchell King
When war broke out Private King volunteered for coastguard duty as a Boy Scout. In 1915 he enlisted in the Royal Fusiliers (Sportsman’s Battalion) at the age of sixteen. For a year he was in France, but returning home he became ill and had to be treated at the War Hospital, where he died.
Can you tell us more about David Mitchell King? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...