Great War Dundee
This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Dundee
- Service no: D/1184
- Rank: Trooper
- Service Occupation:
- Regiment/Service: (Prince of Wales Own) Dragoon Guards
- Unit/Ship: 3rd Battalion
- Place of Death: Edinburgh War Hospital
- Age at Death: 30
- Date of Death: 08.05.1917
- Burial Country: Scotland
- Cemetery: Dundee Eastern Necropolis
- Grave/Mem Ref no: D.I.107.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Dundee
- Address: 43 Princes St, Dundee
Catherine Laird, 43 Princes St, Dundee
Alexander Laird, 43 Princes St, Dundee
James & Jessie
More about John Laird
John died of wounds.
John Laird D/1184 Dragoon Guards
LAIRD___Died of wounds, at the Edinburgh War Hospital, on the 8th May, John Laird, of the Dragoon Guards, youngest son of the late Alexander Laird, and of Mrs Laird, 43 Princess Street.
Dundee People’s Journal 19th May 1917
Additional information kindly supplied by Michael Caldwell
Can you tell us more about John Laird'? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...