This is Dundee's story of those that served in the First World War, and of the people left at home
James Ross Lawrence
- Date of enlistment:
- Place of enlistment: Broughty Ferry
- Service no: 365570
- Rank: Gunner
- Regiment/Service: Royal Garrison Artillery
- Unit/Ship: 233rd Siege Battery
- Place of Death: France
- Age at Death:
- Date of Death: 03.09.1917
- Burial Country: France
- Cemetery: Zuydcoote Military Cemetery
- Grave/Mem Ref no: I.A.20.
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Monifieth
- Address: 16a6 King Street, Broughty Ferry.
Annie Lawrence, 170 King St, Broughty Ferry
Thomas Lawrence, 170 King St, Broughty FERRY
More about James Ross Lawrence
James was the brother of Pte Thomas Lawrence, 240848, 5th Battalion Black Watch, who died of disease 03.02.1917 and is interred in Barnhill Cemetery, Broughty Ferry.
Information supplied by Gary Thomson
Can you tell us more about James Ross Lawrence? Some additional facts, a small story handed down through the family or perhaps a picture or an heirloom you can share online. Contact our curator...